May 10, 2009

Extra Extra and new charms

Here is a little sneak peek at my new tiny charms that I made last night. These were fun and very much an *immediate satisfaction* sort of thing, which is a refreshing change of pace. So much of what I am working on lately relies on stamps and molds and waiting. These were made by stamping patterns into tiny balls of clay with common found hardware items found in my basement. I have an old wooden tool trunk that my grandfather owned, full of odd bits of metal like screws, saw blades, gears, and files. The immediacy of this process and my ability to make smaller series of similar yet varied items is very exciting to me... I think it is a fun new direction. I can also make lots of beads really fast, which is much fun too! I am really looking forward to exploring this more, and seeing these little guys glazed up!

And now, the Sunday Extra Links:

About.com Jewelry Making
Hook up with a cute little fiber flower charm and necklace project! Combine your crochet and jewelry making skills.

Art Bead Scene
Hello Spring! Goodbye self-control!

Art Jewelry magazine
It's video madness at Art Jewelry and Addie gives you a peek behind-the-scenes.

Barbe Saint John - New Jewelry from Forgotten Artifacts
Cindy's Beads & Barbe's Creativity add up to some great necklaces!

Carmi's Art
Carmi sews crocheted flowered into a soft new collar.

Jewelry & Beading
Combine wirework with seed beads for a one-of-a-kind necklace!

Katie's Beading Blog
Try your hand at tubular peyote stitch with Katie's free beading pattern, Delicious Donut Lariat.

Snap out of it, Jean! There's beading to be done!
Like Art Nouveau? See this lovely book by Judith Durant and Jean Campbell who explore great works from that period in jewelry projects!

Strands of Beads
Melissa shows off a few beautiful fossilized coral beads.

The Writing and Art of Andrew Thornton
Andrew shares the new additions to his bead stash.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see these in person at B&B!!! I bet they are going to look absolutely delicious glazed up!

    I'm happy to see you stepping a bit out of line with your creative process with making these individually with found and collected objects! I bet that feels SO good!!!

    It's one of the things I would like to incorporate into my daily routine - spending an hour or so of just making stuff that doesn't have to fit into the production (can I have that in xxx color, do you have another size, etc) mode of work I've gotten myself into...

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete