April 18, 2009

Saturday Spotlight: Printing!

I have a couple of things to talk about today. The first is the picture above, which is a little pile of fliers I made for a new convention project I am working on, ConStruct. I went to a popular self serve print store and as usual, it was a comedy of errors to try to get the most simple printing job accomplished. Computer melt downs, technical issues, miscommunication. Its funny that I entered the store expecting all of that. hehe. I guess I set my expectations so I was not disappointed! Anyway, got my handful of fliers made in bright construction orange, and I am rather pleased with them.

Speaking of printing, I found this video this week showing how to use a new screenprinting machine called YuDu that is popping up at the craft stores. It looks promising, for an individual who might want to print some tshirts or fabric in small runs as a hobby or for their small business. The fabulous Margot Potter takes us through the process, step by step, and entertains us along the way! She is a superstar, don't you think she needs her own crafty show on TV? I would certainly watch it:

2 comments:

  1. Melanie

    Thank you so much! I love your flyer and your project sounds fascinating. You are such an inspiration.

    Craft on with your bad self,
    Madge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no.


    Now I need a YuDu... ~sigh~

    ReplyDelete