April 28, 2009

Product Playtime: Pretty in Punk


I made this quick and simple necklace using some of the new Indian Pink Swarovski crystals from Rings and Things. I was a little stumped at first at what to do with them, they are so very bright pink! But figured they could be a little edgy if paired with black and maybe some purple, and I wanted to go for a bit of a playful and punky feeling. I used one of my little anime fairy beads and some gunmetal filigree parts and chain. Instead of stringing the crystals on string or wires, I opted to use black safety pins. hehe... that brings me back to my youth, when we would make friendship pins for our shoes with beads on safety pins. Also later in early high school, when I thought safety pins randomly pinned through clothing was so very *new wave*. This is a slightly grown up reminder of those memories.

5 comments:

  1. sweet! Love the little face bead, the crystals match it perfectly

    ReplyDelete
  2. The gunmetal goes perfect with your pink crystals... So nice to see these creative colors. Well done! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh! That worked out great! Love the hot pink and gunmetal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dang, black safety pins! When I was at punk rock shows in the 80s I would've loved to have those all over my clothes. Great face bead here, Melanie, and extra points for a great title!

    --Dave

    ReplyDelete