March 13, 2009

Turning Over A New Leaf

I made another one of the Intertwined Leaf necklaces that I showed the other day, but in a new color scheme, because I really liked it (and many of you did too, thanks for the compliments). I would like to make it in other colors, but I ran out of leaves, so this is the only one right now. I made it before I shipped the first one, so I would remember it well. I also made some simple earrings below. Both of them are in the Earthenwood Etsy shop, click on the pics for more details.


It is a beautiful day today, it is bright out, although it is really very cold still. But the sun is shining and it makes me feel warm inside. And it is 6pm and still very light out, which is wonderful! Spring will be here soon, and I am looking forward to it very much. I can start to see little bits of green in the yard, peeking through from the old dead leaves and fallen twigs that winter left behind. Today feels like a day of new leaves, and new beginnings, and I am feeling very happy.


4 comments:

  1. I really like the your new work. It's all got that steam punk feel, (almost a soft steam punk feel) to it with the chains, metal, etc. But it is all still very much an extension of your work. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work here on this one :) I especially like the little chain with the leaf. What a cool bit of metal leaves that you have wrapped around it! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! Where do you get the ribbons you've been using? Love the textures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone!

    Becca, I got the ribbons at beads shows, from different sources. You might want to try Art Beads or Fusion Beads for them online!

    ReplyDelete