March 19, 2009

Key to Success

This key carving is the companion piece to the lock that I showed yesterday. I am pleased with it. I am rather curious to see it in other colors, and I am finishing up a bunch right now for tonight's kiln, so in a few days, I will get to see just that. I am doing them with other hole configurations, too, which will be a bit easier to use in jewelry.


I have had a couple of people email me recently, asking for advice on the bead business. Seems I put on a professional appearance and a friendly face that invites people to ask me such questions. That makes me happy, and I do like to help, and to inspire. But lately things have been challenging (as they are for most people, in these trying times) and I have had some setbacks and some difficulties that have made my business and my art making harder, so sharing hope and inspiration with others has been challenging as well. I cannot really share the key to my success if I am not feeling particularly successful, I suppose. These feelings will pass, I am sure, but for now I am just feeling a little reserved and waiting for a little hope and maybe a bit of karma will come to me.

7 comments:

  1. This and it's companion are so beautiful. It's a real pleasure to follow your blog, even if I don't comment much, I read every post.

    Here's hoping that good karma swings your way very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely beads! And here's hoping for that good karma for you and anyone else facing hard times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the key bead. Here's hoping you will have some of these for sale. My sister's last name is Keys and I think she and her girls would really like these beads.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are terrific! I really love the direction you're going lately- I suspect even though you're going through a rough patch that you will truly find yourself by the experience.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This bead is exquisite. great work. you are always so creative and such a fine craftsperson

    ReplyDelete
  6. May I add my words of encouragement. I too wait for each post with anticipation. Your work furthers beads as a cultural art form, far more than i think you realize. Your blatant creativity inspires me (and others i am sure) to aspire to express my creativity fully in my art form. Is there something we could help you with? Please accept my wishes for your bright and prosperous future - peace for all

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all so much for your comments. They really mean so much to me!

    ReplyDelete