March 11, 2009

flying free


I love the symbolism of the butterfly. Exquisitely beautiful things that blossom from humble beginnings, and become magical creatures that delight as they flutter about and make us smile with their colors and whimsy. They are like things of fairy tales and folklore, but they are with us in this reality. They represent change: the change of the seasons, the change of time, and they can symbolize the changing of ones life as well. I have experienced a lot of change in my years, but it has been especially significant in the last year. I feel like I am blooming myself now, starting anew in many ways, and I keep the image of the butterfly in mind as I am doing so, hoping it will inspire me with its beauty and magic.

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome. I love the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a lovely sentiment and a wonderful image to picture during your blooming time! Really, really lovely!
    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete