February 6, 2009

Shiny New Things and Rambling Thoughts

It's always exciting to open the kiln in the morning and find some shiny new things that I have created which I am seeing for the first time. I am really excited about these new discs and I have some new ideas for more carvings to go with these. I am thinking of doing a skeleton key, a keyhole, a clock face with fancy hands, a compass, and maybe an hourglass. Hehe, that's a laundry list of new carvings! I usually have more ideas than time and energy to complete them all. That's one of the most frustrating things about being an artist for a living. Sometimes I think that people think that I just doodle around in clay all day long, playing here, dabbling there. And there are rare days that I let myself do that. But for the most part, I have to do a lot of boring non-art work in order to squeeze out a few hours of creative time a week. *shrug* it's a challenge but still better for me than just about anything else that I could imagine myself doing for a living. It is all worth it for that excited feeling I get when I open the kiln. Anyway, today it is time to do the shipping, and to list a few of these new pendants in the Etsy shop. I have a couple extra to play with, so I am looking forward to designing a necklace for that ever elusive jewelry line that I have been dreaming of creating...

3 comments:

  1. I love your shop already and found your blog thru Andrew Thornton. To my suprise, I find a fellow sci-fi/fantasy lover!!! That is just too cool!

    I just started my own personal blog as as soon as I can figure out how to link it to the Funky Monkey Girls jewelery blog I will!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, so much, for showing me your "How To". I find that very creative artists, like yourself, provide others, a novice beader like myself, with the most helpful information. You truly are an inspiration to the craft - especially to me! Your pieces are genuinely beautiful and unique. I've learned more in the past month [by joining Etsy] than I have surfing the Internet. Thank you again for kind, sharing artists like you....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the very kind comment. I really appreciate it and it makes me happy to inspire someone a little bit!

    ReplyDelete