February 20, 2009

Seeking Serenity

I am feeling under the weather a bit, and am awaiting a big snowstorm. I have wanted to just have a calm day snuggled up indoors today. I took the day off to rest, and play with wire and brass and beads, and to start to re-watch the Firefly series. In celebration, I made a new pendant, with one of the Serenity discs I designed. It was a tranquil day of rest and healing, and I made many new things. I haven't had a day of play in a long time, where I could shut out all the things that I have to do in order to just leisurely dabble and lounge. It is a little sad that it takes me feeling sick in order to do such a thing, but that is usually the case. It would be nice to be able to do this more when I am feeling well, so I should try harder to make that happen.



This pendant is listed in the Earthenwood Etsy shop here.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Melanie,
    I hope you are feeling better. Great Serenity piece. I like the way you linked the two circles. I am glad you are blogging again. I always enjoy your posts.

    ReplyDelete