February 21, 2009

Saturday Spotlight:


A friend sent me a link to a great blog called Dark Roasted Blend, which led me to a link to an artist who makes amazing steampunk weapons and props, including the Clockwork Angel wings above, which I am in love with. The artist is Danny Ashby AKA Vincent M. Dantes, Esq. and he has a Deviant Art page and gallery, filled with cool steamy gadgets and stuff. Since it is the weapons and gadgets and accessories that attract me most to Steampunk costuming, I am very impressed with the quality of these creations. They have a sense of detail that makes the objects look like they really function, and that is something pretty amazing to me. I am inspired! I am also reminded that there is a lot of really cool stuff on Deviant Art, and that I should pay some attention to my page there, which I have basically ignored in the last few months.

1 comment:

  1. I am seriously envious of those wings! My husband wanted to give me mechanical wings for the holidays this year, but they were way out of his budget.

    ReplyDelete