February 14, 2009

Saturday Spotlight

Today's Saturday Spotlight is on artist Gina Kamentsky, who makes amazing wind up, hand cranked, and kinetic artworks. They are whimsical and fun, made from found objects, and a ton of imagination. I am inspired by the way she must visualize these works, not only as visually appealing sculptures, but functioning and moving entities. It is fascinating. Click here to see video of the piece entitled Masters, shown above. The thing I saw first on her site (thank you to Sheryl, for sending me the link) is this great promotional video, full of vintage clips of awesome chicks in factories and science settings. Very cool.


In Earthenwood news, I listed two more of the Heart Metalex pendants that were so popular the other day in the Etsy Shop. I also launched the early February newsletter last night. If you don't get it delivered to your inbox, you can see it here. I am having a special Valentines sale for the next few days! Have a great weekend, everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment