February 4, 2009

Looking Ahead

Here is a new picture of the goggles I modded last year. Nothing new done to them, but I needed a new pic for another project, so I figured I would post it here too. I would love to add some leather to these, some padding around the eyes, because when they sit upon my head, they are quite painful after a whole day. The plastic of the goggles just sort of presses into my head under the weight of the screws. Hehe, its a price I am wiling to pay though, I guess, for cool looking goggles.


Today I have been plotting and planning, after reflecting on last month's business. January is a rather bleak time for my business, and things have been rather slow. I am optimistic though, that things will pick up, but I have been feeling like I need to work a bit harder on business, and balance a little better between my personal life and professional life. Also, I have been missing a lot of the professional contacts and relationships that I have set aside for the past few months. I have been thinking about it for a while now, and while I was glad for the break, I have decided that it's time for me to put more of my time and heart into Earthenwood again. I am talking with two groups that I used to work with, and an editor or two that I have worked with in the past, and I am getting ready to make some commitments to writing and designing again. It is exciting, and I found myself feeling very happy this morning that I have been welcomed with open arms by some of my peers and colleagues. Time to get back to work, my friends...

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to read that you are getting back into the swing of things!
    Welcome back friend!

    ReplyDelete