February 26, 2009

Longing for Springtime

*sigh* is it Spring yet? I am feeling the weight of Winter today. It looks like the snow is melting outside but I know its cold and wet and it makes me just want to stay warm and cozy inside. So many of my friends have been sick with colds and I am still drinking a lot of tea to calm my cough, the last remnant of the little bit of illness that I was recently nursing. The dog is going stir crazy and wants to run and chase squirrels and bunnies, and I would love to go and do that with her. I just wish I didn't need to bundle up so much to do so. I am dreaming of the day when the flowers start to spring up and the sun warms us up a little more than it is today.


I was thinking last night of these flower components, and the small run of them that I did last year in the multiple colors. I think it would be fun to do these and set them in brass. I am going to try that next time I glaze, as I have collected a good stock of plain bisque stones without loops that will work well for that. Maybe if I can make pretty colorful flower gardens bloom in my kiln, I will feel like Spring has sprung!

4 comments:

  1. It's Spring here in Tucson, so hopefully the warmer weather will make its way Northeast soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these beads - I still have some in my stash. Must get them out for some inspiration...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel ya! Is it Spring yet, indeed!

    Luckily for me, I get to go to Hawaii in a couple of weeks and then it will be glorious and warm and I will bask in the sunshine!

    I guess it's something to look forward to on such dreary days.

    ReplyDelete