January 29, 2009

Three Gears in Motion


So somewhere in the midst of all this Con and costuming work, I managed to carve a new design. I have been wanting to branch out into some larger round components that are easy to string and versatile to work with, so I started with a triple round gear disc. I started making some for stock just before Con and they appeared in a few costumes over the weekend: on the necks of a couple of very lovely ladies, as well as a set of oversized buttons for a steamy vest.

I didn't really think of it at the time, because I tend to like triplicates as a design element, but I think that the three gears are sort of a good symbol for the Masquerade team of myself, Sheryl, and Limey, shown above in our costumes. Don't we make a fine and dynamic trio? It was great to work together and we got along amazingly well. Sheryl added it up and we put in well over 100 hours over the last few months for the Con. And we are still speaking to each other.. *laugh*...I am looking forward to future events with these two crazy freaks!

Above, a couple of close ups of the Triple Gear Disc on Limey's costume, made as buttons. I didn't think about buttons when I designed this component, but it seemed to work perfectly, and I got to use three holes for each button, which is a kinda neat, I think.

3 comments:

  1. I love them! When are they going to be available to your adoring public? ;)

    Your costume looks great, too, and I'm so glad that you're having a good time being part of a convention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AJ, thanks! Not sure when I will have them available. I think I will list them on Etsy when I have some ready!

    And thank you, I have been having a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete