January 5, 2009

In the background...

Aha! Check out the amazing progress made that was made on the backdrop using the stencil I made. I had a vision for the backdrop when I cut the stencils (which in retrospect, was pretty plain and boring), I left the stencils in the very capable hands of Limey, who really took off in an awesome direction. He used an airbrush and made the gears interlock and created an ornate background behind four huge decorative gears. It was surprising and totally exciting to see the design take form over the huge piece of fabric. On Saturday, Sheryl and I brought our brown and metallic paints and painted in much of the large gears, while Limey airbrushed more. There is a little bit more work to do still, but I wanted to share a few pictures of the progress so far.

I am excited to be working on this, and seem to be sinking deeper and deeper into volunteering for ConFusion as the days pass and it comes closer. So now I am working some hours for Ops, and helping with the Masquerade and I am even working on a Steampunk costuming panel, which I am rather excited about. We are making some great prizes up for the Masquerade participants and I have a lot of work to do on my own costuming for all three days of the Con. I am going to try to take lots of pictures and blog about it as I go...

1 comment: