January 21, 2009

Cellular Steam


This is a very quick steam mod I did this morning, sort of as a warm up for all the other work I did today. I figured it was about time for me to have a steampunky cellphone. Some gold paint, Vintaj Brass, and an Earthenwood gear stone. Since it is on me at all times, I figured it should look the part too. I even switched the front clock wallpaper to display an old timey watch with hands, which is pretty neat. The phone attaches to a neat retro key keychain that I painted with pewter hammered spray paint.

4 comments:

  1. I have never been into cell phone bling, but I love this! So are you going to wear your Steampunk outfits to bead shows so that we can see your handiwork in person?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yes I do plan to wear the steampunk outfits to bead shows, as well as the conventions I am attending. Last year I did that for Bead & Button, and this year I will do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! Almost makes me wish I used a cell phone. Don't pass out. I hate the damn things and have no one I absolutely need to be in touch with. I have a disposable thing in the car for emergencies, but I'm not sure it deserves a makeover as fabulous as this.

    ReplyDelete