January 30, 2009

Alchemical Glove

So here is a photo of the finished Alchemist Glove that I made for my Clockwork Doll costume. I am overall happy with it, although it ended up looking very different than I thought it would. I actually ended up having the parts to make two hand jewelry pieces, and I will show the other one next week. I decided that I really wanted to get some of my ceramic components into this piece, so it ended up being much more ornate than I had envisioned. It really sort of looks like a henna tattoo when seen from a distance, full of filigree lines and detailing. It fits really well, and I can almost even move my hand. It felt really magical wearing it, like it was a thing from another world. It seemed to have the power to transport me to another place in my mind.

8 comments:

  1. I LOVE YOUR WORK! IT'S AMAZING! WHAT WILL YOU COME UP WITH NEXT??
    YOU GO GIRL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool! You're truly brilliant :)

    I thought of you today while I was at gem show, digging through a bin of old keys in search of the most steampunk ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous. You are such the creative girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW this is STUNNING outstanding
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how fascinating! I just love what you came up with here. Just wondering how you put it on and take it off?

    I found your blog through a link on Cami's blog... great stuff here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for wonderful comments!

    Dale, How do I put it on and off? Very carefully! *giggle*

    Actually I can put it on like a regular glove, one finger at a time, and when the fingers and rings are on, there is a clasp at the wrist that keeps it all in place.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The 10 days of giveaway post today made me recall this glove. I just think it's so cool. And I'm going to envy you -- in the positive admiring way -- for having both so much supplies to experiment with and the ideas/creativity to come up with something like this.

    ReplyDelete