December 5, 2008

The Potters Market

Well after a series of kiln mishaps and adventures in glazing, I finally finished all of my inventory for the Potters Market. I don't know how I managed to make all these tiles over the year! It looks pretty impressive though. I also made some jewelry, mostly simple pieces on faux suede or gunmetal chain. I hope to list some of those on Etsy when the show is done. I really enjoy doing this show, and even though I don't have as much inventory this year as usual, I am excited to be working at the Market, seeing all the great pots and tiles that my peers have made, and spending time with a great group of people that I don't get to see as much anymore, because I don't do the art fair circuit anymore. Its a great time, and a great show. If you are in the Metro Detroit area this weekend, I hope you will visit the Potters Market. and check out some of the best clay in the state!

5 comments:

  1. Hey! I see tiles that were not shown on your blog! Hmpf! They are very cool! I love the light bulb! Have a great show!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE YOUR TILES! And I would love to see them in a necklace! Have a great show and have a Blessed Holiday Season !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I lived closer. I love your tiles.
    Marcy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gaea,
    ooh, good eye! I am working on getting them all posted soon! eep! so busy! soon!

    Andrew,
    Hee! Thanks for looking!

    Deb,
    thanks! They are actually wall pieces, not beads. The scale is hard to convey, I know. They would make cool beads, though, huh?

    Marcy,
    Aw, thanks! The show was much fun, and quite successful.

    ReplyDelete