September 2, 2008

Steampunk Feature in Beadwork Magazine


So it has finally arrived in my mailbox, the big thing I have been excited about for months! The newest issue of Beadwork Magazine features an article and project I wrote about using Steampunk as a design style for beading! It was a really fun piece to write and I am very proud of it. My favorite part is the introduction, which is a description I dreamed up of a character in a steampunk world. That was a new style of writing for me, a tiny taste of fiction. Very different from my usual technical style of writing projects. The article itself highlights many different beads and findings that I think work well with a steampunk aesthetic for beaders. And the project uses a little of each of the types of beads that I mentioned in the article, something from each of the artists or companies. I will share some of my own pictures and more thoughts about those materials and the article in the next few blog posts.

10 comments:

  1. http://www.Rivkasmom.comWednesday, September 03, 2008

    Congrats! You should be proud, your work is so cool, and really original.

    ~Grace :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo! I hope it hits the news-stands quickly, because I can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a fun surprise to see! Congrats! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats melanie.
    you deserve all the great things that come your way.

    amber
    (punkin' pie productions)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all so much for your support! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations!!! I can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! This is wonderful! Congratulations, and I loved your goddess pieces!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! a dream come true! I cannot wait to read this!! You rule!!!

    ps: wrote about you today in my blog --Sept.7

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got so excited when I saw it on the cover, I nearly screamed -hey I know this artist LOL when really I don't know you I just recognize you work- Such a great accomplishment and well deserved.

    ReplyDelete