August 27, 2008

Steam Stones in Bead & Button

Well, since I have been away from the home studio so much this summer, I missed telling you about an important piece of press I had recently. The picture above is from a product review in the Bead Soup section of the August issue of Bead & Button Magazine. I was really surprised and excited to get the advanced copy of this, because it was very unexpected! I don't get a lot of coverage in Bead & Button, and it is a major publication, so I was very pleased with it. Thank you to Bead & Button Magazine!


It was also the first appearance of the Steam Stone line in print, other than my advertisements. I can't tell you how interesting it is to experience this process...from the conception of an idea to the creation and production, to the marketing, to seeing it take off in print and with customers, where it starts to spread. This is just the beginning of the press that is coming out about the Steam Stones, and I will be talking about the other exciting things that are starting to trickle out, press wise, this week. It is a very exciting time here for me in the studio.

7 comments:

  1. You chose a fortuitous time to develop the Steam Stones! Steampunk is exploding on the market, and you're poised to ride that wave :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that! The beads are extremely beautiful, and deserve to receive a ton of press!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huzzah! The photos came out beautifully. It all sort of seems like a grand convergence with B&B, the Step by Step cover necklace and Beadwork coming out at the same time. YOU DESERVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, now I can say I know someone famous!!! Your beads are the best and congrats on all the print!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw the Step by Step spread. congrats on both! As far as I'm concerned, you're the forerunner in steam punk for the bead community! While I love that stuff, your blog is the first place that I actually was able to put a name with what it was. I had no idea.

    You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on all your recent publications. You're a rock star! Not too long ago, I remember getting an email from you saying that there were going to be a lot of changes for you. If this is any indication of the changes in the future... I'd like to think that there certainly is a bright, bright, bright day ahead.

    Congratulations again and KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! You're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for your kind words of support, it means the world to me!

    ReplyDelete