August 28, 2008

My Step By Step Cover


So, here it is! Part one of my big exciting new press! Above, the COVER of the September/October issue of Step by Step Beads Magazine...with my steampunk inspired necklace design as the focus! I cannot tell you how incredibly exciting this is! After a couple of years of designing for the bead magazines, this is my first cover piece. It is one of those very memorable things, when I opened the advanced copy envelope and saw my hard work on the cover, it made me so proud. They did a wonderful job with the photography and the article too. I could not be happier. The project also ties into part two of my big news, which I haven't seen in print yet! But I do believe that news is coming soon to my mailbox, *fingers crossed*.


Step by Step Beads is available at craft stores and book stores soon


10 comments:

  1. That's fabulous - I can't wait to hear your other big news.

    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so FAB! You should be so proud!! That's a really awesome necklace M... Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Melanie...

    Congratulations!! You do incredible work and deserve this big time!!

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations girl!
    I'm excited for you and you know I love your beads.

    Rosanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. VINTAJ HEARTS EARTHENWOOD!
    Your cover shot is linked from our blog:

    http://vintaj.com/wpblog/?p=658

    AND
    your work featured in Au.Beading is also up on the blog:

    http://vintaj.com/wpblog/?p=650

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is one gorgeous cover! Melanie rules!!!! Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The necklace is awesome. And congrats on the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so very much, everyone! I really appreciate your comments!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, I love your beads & am interested in buying some. I emailed you but unfortunately it was blocked I think by a firewall & was returned to me.
    I live in Australia & have a Paypal account....do you post your lovely goodies to Oz?? Thanks, Jude
    heyjude03@aapt.net.au

    ReplyDelete
  10. cabacurl,
    oh no! You can try my email at earthenwoodstudio at gmail dot com too. Yes, i sell to Australia, the website is all set up for that.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete