July 6, 2008

Independence and New Directions


Ahh, I have returned home after an impromptu overnight visit to the parents' house for an Independence Day break. There was the promise of grilled food, a quiet refuge from the fireworks in my neighborhood (oh noes...scared Zoey!), and the appearance of my brother, who is in the process of moving back to Michigan (yay!) so I could not resist the time spent away with family. Of course, I did bring work with me, and surprisingly did a great deal of it. Hmm, imagine that! But now I am in a good place to do some playing with clay.

Above, a picture from last year, of my Goddess Tiles in process. I have had the itch to carve a new tile lately, and to do something different. I have a general idea for the tile, but not really the specifics...no sketch or anything. I rolled out a couple of slabs last night and I think I will just attack them with my tools, and see what happens. Something different, like I said. The plan in the log run is to have two new designs for a fun project that is NOT related to my business so much, something fun to do with friends. So, Project Raku begins today! It does take a pretty good amount of preparation, so I am excited to dig in. I will keep you updated as it progresses!

And it is Sunday, so it is Extra Extra link day. Here you go, for your clicking pleasure:
About.com Jewelry Making Think outside the jewelry box and consider other crafting techniques for making jewelry! Crochet is just one example.


Art Bead Scene Polyester Makes a Comeback in a surprising new way!


Jennifer Jangles Blog Eye Candy, a few new designs from Jennifer Jangles


Jewelry & Beading Just having returned from Italy, Cyndi was inspired by all the suppliers of beautiful Murano beads.

Katie's Beading Blog Multiple strand necklaces are always in style. Read Katie's blog for tips.

Linda at BeadStyle Magazine Linda created a necklace for the Ornament Thursday blog group and wanted to share it with everyone!

Savvy Crafter Rockin' Riveted Ring over on Candie's blog!

Snap out of it , Jean! There's beading to be done! Jean interviews the fabulous Margot Potter for Art Bead Scene!

Strands of Beads Melissa discusses beautiful presentation boxes made from origami

3 comments:

  1. hi melanie
    i was looking at your blog and saw you "Goddess tiles"...and i must say i LOVE them...and can't wait to see them as well as have one when they become beads...i've been doing a Goddess bead from glass on a stand...i'll share it soon on our blog...love what you are doing...it's time to fire up the torch...we'll talk soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tony. I would love to see your goddess bead!

    I don't know if you have ever seen my line of tiles. It gets confusing sometimes, because people think they are beads or will be beads, but they are tiles. I have some new ones I am working on lately, I am excited about them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your goddess tiles and your goddess beads - in fact the goddess necklaces in my store are two of my most popular items:

    http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=13226829

    http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=13146858

    ReplyDelete