June 16, 2008

wordy treasures

Every year at the Bead & Button Show, I seem to have very limited time and energy to shop, which can be frustrating since it is the biggest retail bead show in the country. Nevertheless, I always seem to collect some of the best treasures that can be found at the show, in my opinion. They just seem to gravitate to me! This year was no exception. I came home with several incredible hand crafted objects of art, and all of them have very meaningful significance to me right now. Here are two of them:
I fell in love with this silver and copper bracelet from Coliebug Beads the moment I saw it. I have rarely taken it off ever since. It is hand hammered and stamped, with the phrase "enjoy the journey" on the center. It is a bit blackened and aged, which I love, because it looks as if it has seen some of my journey with me already!
And even though I knew better, I waited until maybe the third day to *really* look at the fabulous Anne Choi's limited selection of handcrafted silver beads. I usually get myself one every year, and there is always one that really speaks to me. And even though by the time I was ready to settle down and choose one, they were almost all sold out, I found the perfect one anyways! Funny how that works! This bead has a quote by EE Cummings:

"in time of daffodils (who know
the goal of living is to grow)
forgetting why, remember how"

5 comments:

  1. I love the bracelet -- bet it looks great with steampunk clothes, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful choices! I love e.e. cummings, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that the show went well and that you found such wonderful treasures. I can't blame you for not taking that bracelet off. I wouldn't want to either. Text always seems to call to me. It's been too long since we talked, I'm glad that I can read your blog and catch up a bit. Oh, and congrats on the new laptop, you'll never know how you survived without it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What beautiful treasures! Your bracelet is a great reminder! I needed a reminder!

    ReplyDelete