June 23, 2008

treasures

A little snapshot of my desktop... including my treasure from the Royal Oak Clay and Glass show, a beautiful porcelain mug I bought! The artist is Stacey Esslinger. We, the judges, chose her as the Best Functional Clay artist of the show. I loved her work as soon as I saw it...it is young, and fresh, and very well made. It is always exciting to see new ideas and energy presented in old traditional forms like pottery. And it has made this morning's coffee a pure pleasure!

5 comments:

  1. Nice cup! Too bad it was supposed to be mine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome mug! I could probably make prune juice taste yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I meant to say "It" could make...

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol, i understood! and yes it could make prune juice yummy *shudder* ick.

    ReplyDelete