June 13, 2008

thanks and sweetness

Today is the big day of thank yous! I had so many people at the show who helped and supported me, and i cannot express my gratitude enough. Oh my, so many people, I cannot link to you all! Thank you first to Diane, my travel mate and friend, who listened to me talk and talk for hours and hours. To Theresa, who let us into her home for the show and gave us a comfortable place to stay that felt like family. And Jennifer, my dear friend, who is always full of bubbly energy and makes me laugh! Thank you to the girls at Vintaj, who allowed me into their booth to demo, and who shared so many great ideas with me! Thanks to my booth neighbors Ed from Ginko Tree Designs, who kept my spirits up during the few quiet times, to Keith O Connor, who I spent too little time with and shared too little tofu with, and Deanna, who is so wise and creative and spreads these qualities around to all who meet her. And the crew at Green Girl, Zoa Art, and Anne Choi... thank you always for your support and inspiration! Thank you for my official booth helpers: Rosanne, Beverly, and Nancy. And to my cheering squad Melissa, Caroline, Renae, and Amy! Plus all of you at home who sent me encouraging phone calls and text messages, they mean so much! I know there are others, so many of you dropped by to check in on me and help out, I feel like I am at the Oscars...and they have started the music to hurry me along...so just thanks everyone!
Ok, so here's a neat story from Bead & Button... Perhaps you remember before I left, when I started the countdown. I was randomly thinking about candy, as I like to offer a small treat to customers while they shop. In the rush and mess of show prep, I never did buy candy. oh well, I thought, it was just a little extra thing. To my absolute surprise, on Saturday morning at the show, a package was brought to my booth! I was not expecting any shipments, so I was quite confused. But it turns out, my call for sweetness was heard! The box contained two pounds of Baskin Robbins Ice Cream Candy. It was sent by the wonderful people at Sweet Services, who read my blog! They are bloggers too, and have specials for bloggers. The ice cream candy was delicious, by the way, although I only had a piece or two. Seriously, it was gone by mid day, I was amazed. I guess there are others out there with a sweet tooth like me!

9 comments:

  1. Nice!
    I am just in awe at how awesome your table looked. Gosh I wish I could have gone. Even with the tornadoes (and I'm deathly afraid of tornadoes!!) I would have loved to be there to meet all my beady online friends.
    *sigh I hope to meet you someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh! I wish you could have been there too! I betcha we will meet someday!

    omg the tornadoes were terrifying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so clever to use the natural light OTT light stands to show your work - bet the colors stay more true and yet they aren't hot bulbs like regular lights. Smart idea!

    I haven't been to B&B for workshops and shopping since 2006 and I bet it's grander than ever. As they say, 'Maybe next year' ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was great seeing you on Sunday! I love my new Steam Stone beads. I felt like a bit of a fraud though, since C. and I didn't really give you any breaks from booth time, as we pledged to do. Congratulations on another great show!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LLYYNN, yes thank you...the ott light style is ideal for me for all those reasons. And the brighter halogen and incandescent lights give me headaches, so the natural light works perfectly.

    Melissa, don't be silly! You two were great to just be there cheering me on. It means more than you might know!~

    ReplyDelete
  6. so awesome and such a great post! your table is stunning, candy and all! Such bounty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. aw, thanks Jean! You were with me at the show, in many ways too, you know? I talked fondly of you and people commented on your bracelet project, so I was thinking of you. so Thank You too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on a great show! And we are so happy the candy was a hit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carly, Thank you so much for the candy! It was quite a surprise, and it was well loved by all!

    ReplyDelete