June 19, 2008

hardware and hearts

A very special treasure from Bead & Button. A Tortured Heart pendant made of glass, a rusty nail, and an old clock part. The old metal bits are lodged into the glass when molten hot right in the blaze of the fire, which I would imagine is a very exciting and difficult thing to do. This one means a lot to me, Tony picked it out especially for me. I think the really neat thing about these pieces are that they do not have traditional holes or loops or bails, so one can be really inventive in how they choose to use it in jewelry. I have a few ideas that I am looking forward to trying, and I hope to use it with some of my steam stone round gear links. This is a pices that is all mine, a very special piece indeed! Check out Lisa and Tony's works at their website and etsy shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment