June 25, 2008

hard work and the love of friends

Above, a collection of Arteria Arcanum pendants, left from the Bead & Button show. Some of them were made at the show in my demos, some before. I have really become skilled in making this design, which tends to happen upon repetition. I also discovered a new tool that helps in the making of these, just a few days before the show. I am excited to see what else the tool will help with.

I am up earlier today than usual, energized and ready to get some work done. The usual things, a trip to the post office, some glazing and kiln loading, some paperwork. I need to do many life tasks too...dog walking, grocery shopping, and house cleaning. A little flurry of activity! The goal, to finish these tasks by the late afternoon so I can go and visit with friends. The weekly Wednesday events have been a much needed break in my week, although with the way my weeks and months are structured, I usually do not even know what day it is. That happens when you work daily, at least for me. I hope you enjoy your day!

5 comments:

  1. Those hearts are so cool! Do you think you'll list the leftovers on Etsy anytime in the future?
    Funny you mentioned the new tool. I just got one I had ordered in the mail yesterday!!! I can't wait to try it. I have several filigree projects waiting for just that tool.
    Life is good when there's beading waiting in the wings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I do hope to list them on Etsy soon. It is a goal.
    You will love the tool, I think, it seems full of possibilities to me. Have fun beading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was going to ask about the hearts being listed as well - great to know - I will keep an eye on your etsy store! They are just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I call dibs on the speckled green one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you so much, and sorry for the delay. I am working on trying to get these heart pandants on Etsy, but it is taking me some time. Feel free to contact me though, for more info, anytime!

    ReplyDelete