June 22, 2008

Extra visit to the show, and Extra links too!

I returned to the Royal Oak Clay and Glass show today, because yesterday was so much fun. Part of me wanted to see all my old friends again, which I got to do, and that was great! Another part wanted to see some of my new friends, which I did, and which was wonderful too. And yet another part wanted to go and meet the award winners and congratulate them! So I was very pleased to be able to do all of that, talking with most f the major award winners that I helped choose. They all seemed very happy, and I was thrilled to share a little bit in their happiness. I spent a few minutes talking to the Best of Show winner, Richard Skelton, who makes incredibly amazing multi media ceramic sculptures. They have electronic bits and all sorts of strange found objects embedded in them. Really different from anything else at the show (and they appealed to my love of steampunk, cyberpunk, and surrealism, for certain!) He has a Myspace site, so take a look if you are want to see some really fascinating art.

And I will wrap up my Sunday with the weekly round up of Extra Extra links...here you go!About.com Jewelry Making Tammy hearts jewelry making! Find a load of heart-themed jewelry projects along with a free e-course designed around the theme of love.

Art Bead Scene Ahoy Mateys! Cap'n Heather Powers sails us to a new ABS Feature - The Trendy Bead! This week's trend is nautical - no swabbin' the deck required!

Barbe Saint John's Blog Tool Love-How many pairs of wire cutters can one girl own, and whats the difference between them?

BeadStyle Magazine BeadStyle Senior Editor Naomi talks where her great finds from the Bead&Button Show will turn up next.

Jennifer Jangles Blog Want to know where to buy ceramic supplies? Check out Jennifer's Blog.

Katie's Beading Blog Check out Katie's new video clip from the public television show Beads, Baubles & Jewels!

Naughty Secretary Club Get all caught up on the latest office gossip with the Naughty Secretary Club Newsletter.

Savvy Crafter Candie's definitely been inspired by her Asian adventures---see a Fan-tastic necklace and some fabric she plans to make into a kimono shirt.

Strands of Beads Melissa takes at look at Chinese character name stamps from a crafty point of view

No comments:

Post a Comment