June 28, 2008

a day of outreach

Today, I am feeling tired of being caught up in my own mind. Today, I feel my hands and mind reaching out to others. I think of my Dearest friend of many years, who is struggling through one of the most tumultuous times of his life, and my heart goes out to him, even though I know I cannot help him or change things for him. I wish him the best. I think of my brother, making his journey back to home after many years, to face a new challenge and a new job and home. I am excited for him. I attended the wedding of two dear friends this afternoon. It was wonderful to see them so shiny and happy, it warmed my heart. I wish them much health and happiness together.

I think of my many new friends, some of whom are struggling with creativity and finding time to express their imaginations because of the limits of home, school, work, and life. I realize that I am so fortunate to be able to do what I love, to be creative in my work and follow my vision, with very little limitation. I sometimes forget this, as it has just become part of my daily existence. Meeting people who struggle with it really make me recognize how lucky I am. So to all of you who are at times held back from the art you want to make by your real life tasks, I want to reach out and encourage you: I hope your duct tape roses bloom wildly, your bronze castings come out perfectly, your words flow freely, your beads dance harmoniously, your clay squish happily, and that every day is an explosion of color for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment