June 24, 2008

coming out of my cage, and I've been doing just fine...

Whew late blog today, it was a very full day! First, above, is a piece I created during one of the quiet moments at the Bead & Button show, while I was doing my demos at the Vintaj booth. It is a variation on the Pandora's Keys pendant, with a face stone caged in between two discs. It was a little tricky to get it in there, all centered, but well worth it.
Today I had a great day out of the studio, and well deserved as I have been working heard lately. I took my first trip to Ikea with Diane, which was an insane wonderland of Swedish design! Got some great home and business ideas from the trip and am looking forward to taking some measurements around the house for some home improvement projects this fall. Another highlight of the day was bumping into one of only a handful of high school friends that I have wondered about all these years. I haven't seen her in 15 years, and she is in town for the week, so I am looking forward to getting together and catching up with her. Seems lately, my life has been a big swirl of old and new friends, and it is a really great thing for me to be able to reflect on the past and future.
I haven't posted a video for a while... I guess I have moved on from the random video posts, even though I am still a huge fan of the format. What can I say, I am a girl of the 1980's. This is one of my very favorite videos in recent years, The Killers' Mr. Brightside. Come on? The gorgeous Brandon Flowers with his eyeliner and dapper suit...Eric Roberts in a smoking jacket...that exquisitely ethereal pixie like woman, and a fairytale brothel setting... What is not to love?

2 comments:

  1. Once again, I'm struck by how beautiful your beads go with Vintaj. What a gorgeous piece!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I really enjoy working with them...

    ReplyDelete