May 21, 2008

Production Piles

I am feeling highly motivated today, or at least *right now* So I will keep the blog short and just show you a few things happening around the studio, these past few days. Above, some of my favorite Steam Stones so far, taken in an artsy picture with an old beautiful pottery book I have. Hard to let these guys go, but they have left me already, whisked away to their next place, to secret project land. Maybe we will see them again someday.And here, three bowls full of greenware charms. This is mostly the result of spending yesterday afternoon at my friend Sheryl's house, working and chatting with her and her sweet daughter as we all smooshed around in clay. It really motivated me for some reason, which is really promising, because it has been SO long that I have worked with others around, I was afraid I might be distracted and hindered, but yesterday was not the case. There are probably 200 or so beads in here, more than half from yesterday. I do love seeing the fruits of my labor like this, in overflowing piles; it is very satisfying. My confidence is up and I am going to go dig into the aforementioned secret project for a while...see where it takes me...

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm... the photo of the finished beads makes me wonder why I didn't buy any black and green ones when I made my order. They look really sharp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sometimes it is hard to imagine until you *see* them. I am surprised actually, how much I love the Acid Metal ones, too. Especially the timepiece and compass ones.

    ReplyDelete
  3. way to go! this is very impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! Now the daunting task of glazing them all...

    ReplyDelete