April 28, 2008

Please Stand By...

Ok, so this week is really hectic and I must absolutely stay focused and really push. I have decided to do some reposting the rest of the week, so I am not tempted to spend too much time on blogging. So it's reruns all week...sorry! Not too sorry, thought, some of you are new to reading my blog, so perhaps you will like to see some of my better posts from the past year or so, see what I have been on about. Soem recent thoughts and events are makign me think back to prior posts, so I wll repost them and try to give some context

Above, a one of a kind sort of experiment, with some of the extra weird stamps and mold experiments from my Steam Stone series. The one in the center looks a lot like a test signal to me, which is kind of neat. What do all those circles mean on those old test signals? And the Indian head? Curious...

And of course no sooner do I say I cannot blog this week and be distracted, I am thinking about test patterns which leads me to think about Numbers Stations, which freak me out in a huge way. I learned about them from NPR a few years ago, when Wilco's Yankee Hotel Foxtrot came out (I think that's the name). Fascinating and frightening stuff. Here is a video about it, and I am promising my self not to launch into full inquisitive mode and spend all morning thinking about this. Too much to do...

Link to Video on You Tube

No comments:

Post a Comment