April 12, 2008

a pain that I'm used to...

My head is swirly like this candy cane inspired bead. It's new on the Lucky Candy page of the Earthenwood site. I listed it as the first of more to come, but to be honest I don't know exactly what else I will add to this line of chunky candy pendants. But I know something will happen, so I left space for it...

But yes, my head is swirly, I am in a bit of pain. Nothing major or new, just the monthlies. I will not bore you with the details of my cycle, but I will say that every month I experience pain in various intensities. Sometimes, its not so bad, sometimes I am down for 2-3 days. I am used to it, and expect it, but it doesn't make it easier. So last time I went to the girly doctor, I asked for something for the pain stronger than the over the counter stuff and she wrote a RX. I went to fill it for the first time yesterday and had a big case of sticker shock at the RX counter. It was $190 for about 30 pills. Um, *that* is painful! I decided not to get them, I just couldn't justify spending that much on an unknown medicine, especially when my track record with pain meds is not good. I am such a lightweight with that stuff, I usually end up being ill on them, which can be worse than the pain itself. So I didn't get them, I stocked up on over the counter pills and a new heating pad and a bit of junk food, and here I am, back where I started.

It really opened my eyes though, I am fortunate to not need any prescriptions to stay alive and well. This would have been nice to have a little help for the pain, but it was not essential to live. And my insurance did cover a bit of it, they were just that expensive! I can't imagine the horror and pain that people who NEED their expensive meds to live go through. It really makes me angry and sad.


ok, well, the song of the day is Depeche Mode with "A Pain That I'm Used To". I just stumbled upon this one, there are chunks of Depeche Modes discography that are absent from my collection. I used to love them, oh around the time of Music for the Masses. I have recently re-discovered them in my search for more industrial/poppy music while looking for steampunk sounding stuff. Any other recommendations for this sort of sound would be greatly appreciated. Nothing too dark, just a little industrial with good lyrics? I don't know why this video is about racecars, it seems weird, but here you go anyway:


Link to video on You Tube

2 comments:

  1. I feel for you. I, too, suffer every month. I think at that price I'd have left the pills at the pharmacy too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am sorry to hear that. It is not a happy thing :(

    ouch, yeah that price was more painful than the cramps!

    ReplyDelete