April 14, 2008

goodie goodie yumdrops

Ah the last of the new Lucky Candy beads. These are called Yumdrops. One time when I was young, I found a wadded up $10 bill in the gutter, and my friends and I went on a candy shopping spree. I got a huge bag of gumdrops and ate until I was pretty ill. It spoiled me on them for a bit. I can eat them now, I do like them, but I am always cautious. Unlike Circus Peanuts. Ick, those make my stomach twitch just thinking about them. Which is odd because I really like a marshmallowy candy, and I guess those kinda qualify, but they make me feel sick. Can't even look at them. Another candy horror story I have is when I pulled out a big metal filling on a tooth with one of those hard, sticky, rainbow striped, rocket shaped lollipops. I forget what they are called. I wasn't allowed near those again!


I guess I don't have much to say today, thus the default to candy talk. I am waiting for the kiln to cool so I can work on shipping orders, so I am biding my time here. Later on the agenda today is some photography, some webwork, I should probably glaze a little more and get another kiln going, and there are three articles nagging at me. Plus some more cleaning and bead making tonight. So kinda full day, huh? I unexpectedly got into cleaning yesterday, big cleaning. Sometimes I just get the the breaking point and need to make a big change. Now my shipping area should be running more efficiently. Maybe I will take a pic later. Have a good day, all!

4 comments:

  1. Love these! My big weakness when I was really young were those candy necklaces - the little sweet-tart like candy strung on elastic cord. I loved wearing them and eating them (as a Mom, now, I sit there thinking that the candy couldn't have been all that clean by the time I finished playing with the necklace, though!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I loved those too! Not really the taste and such...not a big fan of that kind of sweet-tart chalky candy, but they were BEADS~! Yeah they ended up getting pretty sticky and gross by the time I was done playing with them, ick...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I would LOVE to see pics of your work space! and shipping area! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whee! Shipping areas! What fun! lol...I will try to take pics as I clean, so you have a distorted view of how organized and efficient I am! hahaha

    ReplyDelete