April 16, 2008

ads and space and messes

Whoa where did the morning and most of the afternoon go? I have no idea. I feel like I have been busy, but don't know what I accomplished. The picture above was used in my ad in Beads 2008. The center pendant is one that I love, a simple heart wrapped with Vintaj brass. I am not sure what will become of it...I need to put the hearts up on the site. I might list some of the finished pendants on Etsy or I might work it into a project. The future is not clear! Any thoughts?
Because I was asked, some pics of where *some* of the "magic" happens. This is my beading desk, perfectly staged to look like a proper and organized artist works there.
Look at all the tidy drawers and boxes, and the neat little projects lined up ever so daintily on the beading trays. Yes, a very tidy person works in this space indeed!
Ack! Wait, NO! Don't open that drawer!!! oops, ok, well the truth is out..a hidden secret shameful messy bowl of beadjunk. This is just one of many, unfortunately. Sometimes I get in a mood where I like to pick through and organize these beadjunk piles, but not often enough! I will continue to snap pics as I clean...whoo hoo...stay tuned!

17 comments:

  1. Your work is wonderful - I do collage and may be looking on Etsy for some of your things to incorporate into my mixed-media! Visit me anytime...Kartika
    Love your work place pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, it is so nice to meet you. I was enjoying your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the pics of your work area! Super clean and tidy for sure! And thennnnn, the inevitable beadjunk drawer. Yes, I have one of these too. How can a beader not??
    These pics are making me want to go clean my studio! I LOVE your little collection of teapots by the way. I've been wanting to start my own collection for some time now.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lorelei,
    Ugh, I have more than one! There's a silver one and a glass bead one, and on and on...

    Thanks the teapots are tiny ones, Yixing teapots. I adore them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it feels good to have a clean organized space, too bad i can't keep mine that way :)

    love your work, everything is so beautiful and earthy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ms dragonfly,
    it *does* feel good to have a clean space! Mine won't stay this way long. I am cleaning for guests this weekend and documenting as I go. As soon as I sit down to work, poof! It will all be jumbled again, lol!

    It is a little intimidating to work in such a clean space, to me. Don't wanna mess it up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a constant struggle to keep my beading table organized!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Christina,
    yeah I hear you, I just tend to work well with beads in chaos! I make little bead puddles everywhere, but they are so hard to clean up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can you come to my house and clean up my work space??!!? I had to buy another design board-the first one keeps accumulating projects that are "still in progress". Help!!!
    Oh, I love your heart wrapped in brass! Very cool!
    Thanks for showing your "magic space"!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your tea pots! My whole house, including the studio looks like your tiny junk box. Deep breath, deep breath... I will inhale your clean work space in the hope that it will infect me! Clean feels good! The wrapped heart looks like an acorn to me. Very earthenwoody!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Carlene, yeah my bead boards get filled FAST! I actually went to a restaurant supply place and bought a couple dozen lunchtrays, like they would use in a deli or fast food place. They are cheap, only a few dollars each, and can stack together. Very helpful!

    Gaea, yeah this is jus the main room, and it reallly looks staged, its so clean. Not like this usually! The room I am sitting in right now has a craft closet that I say looks like it barfed craft supplies onto the floor...they are pouring out! I have to tackle this soon...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Look at that clean studio!! How long till it's shamble-ized again? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cyndi,
    The shambling has already begun! And will continue. Hopefully I can keep it this way until after my party tomorrow, but no promises!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Melanie!
    Love the heart pendant, very modern victorian. Your studio is so organized! I shudder what folks would say about my space!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks, Cynthia. I like that term, modern victorian, its perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just wanted to say that I absolutely love that center heart!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Shaiha,
    Thanks, it is one of my hubby's favorite pieces....

    ReplyDelete