February 7, 2008

"Words like violence, Break the silence..."


Design by Jean Yates, Bead Style Magazine 2008

Above, the earring design that was featured in the new Bead Style Magazine featuring my square mini Linky Pairs. I love the crystal clusters on these, they are beautiful! These little squares were only recently added to the Earthenwood website, as I had hoarded the design for my own use for my jewelry line. I keep trying to make a jewelry line and stick to it, but really, my heart just isn't in it. I much prefer to design new components and make new jewelry designs for projects than make production jewelry. So when I was asked to come up with some components that would go with the Flower Field Bracelet design for earrings, I decided to pull my earring designs from the site and just offer the components as Linky Pairs.

In fact, just this morning I removed the last of the jewelry designs from the website, and am offering the Muse Stone components outside of jewelry for the first time. I have had many people ask for them, so I just decided it was time. They are probably my most customizable component, with three styles: curved bar bracelet or two kinds of necklace, and the choice of color, word, and design. Even more, they can be ordered without the word, just as a design, which is pretty cool too.
So last night it snowed hard. Its all white again and very deep and cold. My class was cancelled and I got sort of lazy on my shipping after doing all our grocery shopping and dog walking in the increasingly falling snow. I sort of like the silence of the snow. And the beauty. But it makes me so sluggish and blah, too. I am having a burst of creativity right now, but I am so backlogged with work that I cannot express it, and it makes me a little depressed and I don't know, pent up feeling. I want to do new things but I have to do other things that I don't really want to do, but need to do. Bleh. So I am taking notes and sketches and ordering supplies and just trying to develop these things in my mind for the time when I can work on them, and trying to get the work that I need to do done. That's the state of the Earthenwood union today.

The song of the day is "Enjoy the Silence" by Depeche Mode. I am in the mood for them lately, I think because I am researching Steampunk, and this is what it sounds like to me a little, at least it is the best of the choices available in my personal collection. It's slightly industrial and clangy sounding. I have found some great new bands though, and images, as I am flooding my mind with steampunk, and I will be sharing them with you next week. I declare next week Steam Week!



Link to Video on You Tube


Lyrics

7 comments:

  1. Excellent tune- one of my favorite Depeche Mode songs of all time. You really know how to pick 'em!

    Keep your head up- Spring is on it's way! I hope anyway, because I too am in a FUNK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Last nights snow was awful! Can't wait to see your new stuff at the Bead Bonanza.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lorelei,
    Yeah I loved DM in HS a lot. It was one of my first concerts too! I lost touch with them after about Music for the Masses though. I swear I have another cd around here though.

    If I could just unbury from the pile of snow and work, I would be happy...

    Bad Liz,
    Ugh, it was really scary out there! We were out doing groceries and on the way home it was getting rush hour-y and really poopy. I was glad to stay in for the night.

    YAY Bead Bonanza! I need to get moving, I really don't have a lot of stock for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. excellent, ultra cool post! I will know shortly if I am bringing my computer when I leave. I want to read about steam punk week, and wil look forward to it!

    thanks for writing about me , too :)

    xox jean

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jean,
    Have a great time at CHA! You can read my steam punk posts when you get back...I'm not going anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! I can't wait for Steam Week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome! AJ, You probably know more about steampunk than I do, so maybe you will help with cool links, or correct me if I am way off! I will be posting as I learn...

    ReplyDelete