February 8, 2008

beep beep

Ok, a crazy mush of things in my head today. First I am proud to say I am currently, as of this moment, caught up on wet clay work for all my orders. YAY! But that means I have a giant pile of things to glaze, and I want to get them done this weekend if I can. I also have 4 articles looming over me that I need to write, so I think I will alternate glazing and writing to keep me from getting bored. Its a real danger! I want to get things done so I can have some fun next week.

Beep Beep, time to toot my horn a bit. My little cupcake cell phone charm from the Sweet Sounds project was featured on the Haute Innovations website. YAY! The definition of "haute" is fashionably elegant. I don't consider my work to be elegant often, but I suppose it can be. Above, is a pair of earrings I recenly designed that look somewhat elegant to me. I suppose I can be elegant at times, as well as other adjectives that I don't usually use. I like that I can try to work in all sorts of looks, I think it is one of my advantages, the diversity of my beads and designs.
And speaking of Fashion, have I obsessed over Project Runway lately? Did you see Tim Gunn on the Jon Stewart show? I *love* him! I love when he is deep in contemplation like the picture below, and the witty critiques he makes. So, apparently the PR Finale Bryant Park show is today, and I know this because I read Pink is the New Blog, and we actually know Trent in real life, and I was SO excited to find out today that he is going to the Bryant Park event. As Nina Garcia's guest! Trent, you are a fabulous beyotch!

So yeah, I am going to go* there* with the song of the day... It is of course "Fashion" by David Bowie. This is one of the funniest videos I have seen, it is so eighties. I think seeing GE Smith from the SNL band in it makes me laugh the hardest! Here at home, I think we have been singing and teasing Bowie every day since I posted that hilarious Flight of the Conchords video. We tease because we love. Make it Work, Bowie!


Link to Video on You Tube

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful earrings today Melanie, and congrats on your Cupcake feature over at Haute Innovations. I had never seen their site before, so thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Its a nice looking site, isn't it? Thanks for coming by...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the earrings! What a great idea to put the beads with those textured rings. Very couture, indeed! And it was so cool to see the video. I have Bowie's greatest hits---I'm pretty much in love with him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Candie,
    Thanks! Hey I hope you are going back to IN while you are here after the show...I sent you a package there.

    beep beep

    ReplyDelete