February 9, 2008

"Bad news comes don’t you worry even when it lands...

Good news will work its way to all them plans."

Totally quick and sort of random post today. I have much to do today. I would like to do some work as I don't feel like I did as much as I would have liked yesterday. And today I have two events to attend with friends so I gotta squeeze some work in early. I am excited to get out of the house and talk with people for a bit. I hope it will inspire me a little, I am feeling overworked and cooped up lately...



Hey, here's a picture of Paul Klee's Twittering Machine. Why? Because I watched a rather boring documentary about him last night. I am almost entirely uninspired. Oh well. It ended up being the start of a double header art documentary night as I started to watch the Georgia Okeefe one, but it got too late just as it was getting good, so I had to turn it off. Her late work was really starting to interest me, but I was sleepy, so I will watch later.


One of the events today is a Year of the Rat Chinese New Year Party. YAY! To celebrate, I really wanted to play some RATT for you, but couldn't bring myself to do it. Why do I have the twisted desire to sometimes inflict cheezy earworms on you, my friends? I don't know, but I figured with the Bowie "Fashion" from yesterday, I just couldn't do it... So here is another type of rodent: Modest Mouse with "Float On", which is pretty sweet song with an optimistic message. The video is really neat too, I like his moustache! It's got a bit of that old timey thing going on, which I like lately...



Link to Video on You Tube
Lyrics

5 comments:

  1. just a little tidbit of info for ya...
    the art museum I work for has both a Paul Klee and a Georgia O'Keeffe in the collection.

    :)
    Unfortunately, both a little un-inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweet! What museum do you work for? I think in another life, or maybe some day when I am older, I would love to work in a museum and be a docent or something.

    We have an amazing museum here in Detroit! They just did a big renovation and we havent' been there yet. We haven't been there in far too long...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi
    I work for the Art museum at Munson-Williams-Proctor Arts Institute. It's in Utica NY. The museum sits on art school campus that happens to be the extension campus for Pratt. We aren't really affiliated with Pratt though. But I manage probably 36,000 pieces of artwork at the museum. (fine arts, and decorative arts)
    :) I'd love to come to Detroit and also would love to visit Chicago someday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh cool! It's been a long time since I went to Chicago for the museum. Chuck and I used to love to travel and go to museums and just spend all day there. Our favorite was in Philly. I miss that.

    ooh, let me know if you ever have opportunity to come to Detroit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh cool! It's been a long time since I went to Chicago for the museum. Chuck and I used to love to travel and go to museums and just spend all day there. Our favorite was in Philly. I miss that.

    ooh, let me know if you ever have opportunity to come to Detroit.

    ReplyDelete