January 17, 2008

Lust for Life

Ok, so today is another day of posting a title and song that doesn't actually fit my current mood, but that I hope I will grow into at some point during the day, lol! I had my Punk Rock Fitness class last night, and it was fun yet grueling. I am not as sore as I thought I would be...I was sore in the middle of the night last night, and may be again later. It made it much easier to work out while listening to cool music. There were lots of bands I never heard before, local bands, plus some more old school punk and alternative songs. The instructor was encouraging and pushed us, but I didn't feel judged for doing it a bit more low impact. I didn't want to kill myself...I am not in great shape.

So she would call out the names of the bands and if they were local she would even say where they were playing or if they had a cd out. She was a really great marketer...I mean, I think this type of class is a really great idea, and she does them in other places too...and cross markets the music/fitness. That's cool! Anyway, I recognized the Violent Femmes, the Ramones, Iggy Pop, the B52s, and some others. Most of the time I was trying to concentrate on not passing out though! Hopefully doing this regularly will get me healthier though. My favorite part was probably the punk hula hoops! They were all decorated with multi colored stripes of duct tape! It gave me inspiration for some new jewelry designs, actually.

After the class I had some quick dinner and had enough energy left to watch the rest of the first season of Dexter and make some heart beads. I made all the kinds I am showing in this post for orders and stock last night, yay! Hopefully next week, I can fill the etsy shop with some yummy cool heart beads!

Today's song is a little old school Detroit punk to celebrate my class: Iggy Pop with "Lust for Life"

4 comments:

  1. I love the idea of a punk rock fitness class! I used to listen to the B52s and the Femmes all of the time. I admire you for actually enrolling - I need to get on a regimen this year...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeha it is a really great idea! I think it's pretty popular too because there always seems to be one running at the fitness center. Let's see if I can keep it up! I signed up for 6 weeks I think it is...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great class...Love Iggy...hate that his songs have been so commercialized...especially the cruise line one that uses "Lust for Life"...on the other hand...it does bring a smile to my face to hear it alongside such benign images!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah it does kind of stink to hear great songs that we loved put to cruise and car and burger commercials. bummer.

    ReplyDelete