February 5, 2008

"How can I explain, when there are few words I can choose

How can I explain, when words get broken..."
Design by Jean Yates, Bead Style Magazine 2008

So this is the fabulous Flower Field bracelet project that is out in Bead Style Magazine right now that I have been hinting about here on the blog. It's by the talented and wonderful Jean Yates, click to see her website:

I have known about this for a while and now it is in print, and I am very excited! I cannot even explain how excited I am actually. This is the first time in forever that I have had my beads in Bead Style. I think in 2004 or 05 I had some beads in a project. But the magazine was still young then really and now it's huge. So I am thrilled that Jean had a vision and used my beads for her project for them. It's quite beautiful! And I am making lots and lots of Flower Field beads for orders now...the response so far has been incredible!

To be honest, I don't even have a full copy yet, so I am hoping it is at the book store today. The cover is shown above, so look for it!


In other news with my friend Jean, she is the sponsor of the Art Bead Scene February monthly challenge. She donated a signed copy of her new book Links, which I do love and recommend, and a cool pair of Lindstrom pliers. I also donated a set of limited edition Gothic Poppy links as the prize...you can see it here.

The theme of the month is Chains of Love, so projects that contain art beads and chain/links/rings...that is what we will be seeing this month. And the title was in part my idea, and truly, I think it was mainly so I could play this song, a bit of a guilty pleasure. It's the song of the day: "Chains of Love" by Erasure. Oh, you Erasure boys...you are fabulous! It is so fun to watch you gleefully fly through the air:

Link to Video on You Tube

7 comments:

  1. Such beautiful bracelets! Wouldn't they look great with a woodsy faerie costume?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Flower Field bracelet is so beautiful. It does great justice to your wonderful beads.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary,
    Thanks! Jean did a wonderful job, didn't she?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss Melanie: You and Jean did a wonderful job on the collaboration. I can't wait to show off one of my necklaces at CHA complete with some of your beady beauty!

    Beady Hugs, Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Robin! Have a great time at CHA! It sounds wonderful! Wish I was going...

    ReplyDelete