January 3, 2008

Deep beneath the cover of another perfect wonder where it’s so white as snow...

"Privately divided by a world so undecided and there’s nowhere to go

Running through the field where all my tracks will be concealed and there's nowhere to go"

So did you see the new theme for January over at Art Bead Scene? It's Ice Storm! Brr, how appropriate... Still icy cold here. I listed a few cool colored sets in the Etsy Shop. For some reason those really pale wintry colors are hard to photograph. I just can't get the right background or lighting, bleh.


Above is a peek of piece I did called Ice Princess. I made it, and it left me, and then came back, and then left again. This happens. It will return again someday, lol! There are always beads coming in and out of the house. Right now, I am working on really summery things to submit as projects. It is really hard for me, because I want to make everything brown! But I think I have some nice pieces in the works, in colorful sorbet colors. I am thinking of mixed fruity drinks and tropical things. Helps me warm up a bit too...


Another set on Etsy above. This one featuring a Pixie flower bead and a new bead that I don't have a name for yet (the top one) I made it for a special gift for my mom, that I will show you soon, and it is supposed to be watery, but it looks snowy too, I think. I am going to try glazing some in different colors too. I have a big pile of stuff to glaze today, and a kiln to fire tonight, so I better get moving!



Today's song is "Snow (hey oh)" by The Red Hot Chili Peppers. This may my favorite song by them. I love the imagery of it...




4 comments:

  1. I just saw on the news about your blizzard! Yikes! Think warm thoughts! Thanks for the RHCP's! They will surely keep things "hot" tee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah its freezy here! Snow covered, ice all around. Just wanna stay in and hibernate.

    Our dog is part husky type, so she LOVES the cold and makes us go out for walks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that seafoam snow fairy bundle! So tempting... It was 7 degrees here with -5 wind chill when I woke up today. Hope you are keeping warm on your end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Melissa,
    dang, thats cold! You are colder than us usually because of the water effect. But we usually get your weather the next day. bundle up!

    ReplyDelete