December 25, 2007

Yay! It's here~

So *squee!* after all the waiting and anxiety and busy rushing around, Christmas is finally here! I was able to sleep in a bit, because I am still kinda crampy, but not bad. I am a morning person, you know, and when I was little this was also the case, especially on Christmas. I would probably get up at 5 or 6 am. Of course the rule was that we kids (my brother and I) were not allowed to go downstairs first, we had to wait for Dad to go and see if Santa came. And I wanted to wake him up so bad, but knew it was so early. I would usually pace the hall for a bit, between their room and mine. And pretend I had to go to the bathroom probably. And try to quietly lure the dog and get him to wake everyone up. And as a last resort sneak into my brother's room, and because he was younger, make him wake up to get everyone moving. No one could get mad at the little kid! Not that anyone got mad at either of us...it was Christmas! But some reasonable hours were probably appreciated. And surely, my hijinks early in the mornig were completely obvious, as I am not really that sneaky or graceful or secretive, and I am a terrible liar and plotter. I was probably simply ignored so the parents could get a few more minutes of sleep! LOL! But I remember it taking FOREVER to wake everyone up, and this was my self-imposed duty.

Now I wait for my hubby to wake up, and he is the night owl. He did come to bed early so we could get moving to my parents house soon, and I will give him a little more sleep time. or maybe I can get the dog to wake him up...

I hope you all have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. love you, Melanie! Merry Christmas!

    jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dog as alarm clock is always a good option!!! Hubby uses it often on me...the Night Owl of the familia! Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love ya too Jean! Happy day!

    Lol, the dog is definitely on MY schedule! She will nap or retreat to bed early with me at anytime! And she is always happy to wake Chuck up (he- not so happy)

    ReplyDelete