December 2, 2007

Last Day of the Market

A few more of the limited edition holiday beads, which were made into these velour tubing/memory wire bracelets for the Potters Market. They seem to be mostly gone now:
so Whew! Today is the last day of the show. Still a long day ahead. It snowed last night so that will probably make things today a little more tricky, as far as packing up tonight. I hope it's not too slippery. I have to work a few hours and then all the potters work to pack up their unsold goods into their own cars and then get the hall back as it was, moving tables, displays, chairs, loading up a big moving truck. Its a lot of work. Its pretty cool though to see it happen so fast, with so many people working. After pack up Charlie the organizer gives a speech, and some awards and back patting, and it's all done for another year. This marks the end of my show season and the beginning of my holiday season most years. Tonight we will go out to a local bar for drinks and dinner and laughs. Full day ahead...

4 comments:

  1. Totally cute Melanie! Will you list any on etsy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to let you know that I love your work. I bought one of your necklaces that says "spirit" today. My mom bought one, too!
    Hope you did well at the pottery show. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those beads - too cute! I hope you had a great Market.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yolanda,
    Thanks! If I have any left, I will probably list them on Etsy. Everything is still packed up in the car.

    Wendy,
    Thanks so much for coming to the Market! And thanks for getting my pieces! Did we meet in line? Isn't it a great show?

    Melissa,
    Thanks, I think I did well. Glad its done, though...

    ReplyDelete