November 17, 2007

Some of y'all ain't writing well, too concerned with fashion...

New safety pin brooch thing that I am excited about making! The pin part screws off so you can put beads on it. I have had a love affair with safety pins as fashion accessory all my life. First in fourth grade, when we beaded them, traded them, and wore them on our sneakers. They were called Friendship Pins for us then. Later, in high school, my friends and I wore kilt pins and decorated our shirts, pants, jackets with loads of safety pins. We were *so* new wave! Which was kinda just really watered down punk for us suburban kids. I still love safety pins, and I think these are fun and kinda more grown up.

So I am really in the thick of it, workwise. I am going to take the weekend off from the computer and blogging and stuff to get the piles of things done that i need to do. I got out 11 orders yesterday from my sale, and now the place is a mess. I have to do all my potters market stuff this week as well as a ginormous order of literally hundreds of buttons, so my plate is full, full, full.

Speaking of fashion, I just want to mention that I am VERY excited that Project Runway is back on! It's funny because I am not at all fashion conscious, in anyway other than a couch potato voyeur, look at what the stars are wearing, sort of way. It fascinates me, but not in my day to day life. I would much rather be up to my elbows in clay than try on shoes. But Runway really excites me! I think even more than the actual show, is all the fun stuff online in the days after it airs. My favorite Runway blog is in full force now: Project RunGay. Awesomey catty! Last year, I loved Tim Gunn's podcast. I could listen to him dish for hours! I have also heard there is a Fantasy Runway game (like fantasy football) which is pretty flippin hilarious! I must not get sucked into any of those things this weekend. Actually, I can probably load the podcast onto my Ipod and get some work done...

I leave you for the weekend with a song/video by Eve and Gwen Stefani. I have been into poppy hip hop lately, I think it stemmed from the Sean Paul from last week. I bought a few choice tunes for my Ipod, so we will see where that takes me...

2 comments:

  1. Melanie,
    I'm also completely addicted to PR. I've already chosen some of my favorite designers. I'll have to check out the blogs/podcast so that I can get the complete PR experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked the other day and couldn't find Tim Gunn's blog, so I am wondering if he is doing it this season. It was so great! bummer if he isn't.

    Yeah I end up liking the freaks usually. Like I kinda loved that the one designer was "imbuing" the fabric with its surroundings. But they will make her out to be a nutty hippie goddess freak, so I am sure she is there for drama...

    ReplyDelete