November 27, 2007

The place is a madhouse, Feels like being cloned

Last night and this morning I have been working on the task of turning these:


Into these:

There are hundreds of them. It is no small task, but an important one. These are my best sellers at the Potters Market every year. I think people like them because they are a nice sized, small handmade earring, reasonably priced, and ready to gift. This year's earring design is a little different, I used rubber stamps instead of molds.


Not much else to say. Don't want to bore you with lists of stuff I need to do. Piles are moving around quickly though. man, I will be glad when Sunday is done. I love this show but it really takes a lot of time and energy. I am working on these tasks that are so outside of my normal procedure, and it backs up my regular bead business duties. This is why I need to remember to be very choosy about the shows I do next year. I don't need to do many shows, maybe I could get away with doing none at all. Maybe just Bead & Button and my local bead show. It is so hard to cut shows though, when you have done them a long time. I feel like I am missing out. hmmm, stuff to think about...


Today's song, is for no real reason, Golden Earring's "Twilight Zone". Yeah, just because the band's name has earring in it. Actually, all of my earrings are silver, no golden. Just makes it easier than having both choices, and I like to use the stainless steel. Haven't seen this video in a long time. Lame, eh? I got nothing today...


4 comments:

  1. That is a MOUNTAIN of charms! I love when I have a pile like that! They just look and feel so fun! They are purty! It's a Daffy Duck moment for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I love to see things I have made in big piles so I can play with them. YAY I finished the earrings! 124 pairs, baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melanie: they are awesome...love the see the pick pile of them. I know that's a good thing, and a bad thing all wrapped into one!

    Inky Hugs,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Robin, I hope I come home with only a few left. That would be nice...

    ReplyDelete