October 12, 2007

Where to? Where do I go?

If you've never tried then you'll never know...


Well tomorrow we leave for Faerie Con in Philly and there are so many things I need to do before we leave! Laundry, finishing touches on my costume, making arrangements, banking, shipping. I better get to it soon!

I just want to acknowledge my fear of flying today. I hope that my fear is fading. Last year around this time, Chuck and I were terrified. We took our first flight in over 10 years to Oregon. There was much anxiety for months over it. But we did it, and loved it. See the pretty picture of the Cascades above? What a great memory!

This time around, we somewhat impulsively bought our plane tickets and haven't worried about it, or even thought much about it until yesterday. Perhaps the fairy costume preparation distracted my mind. Chuck has been busy working, so that may have distracted him. Now the day is almost upon us and I am really excited.

So wish us luck, and think happy thoughts for us, as we fly away! See you again next week, around Wednesday...I hope to return with pictures and stories for you!

Today's video is perfect. The song "Speed of Sound" by Coldplay, set to airport and air plane scenes. I hope it will ease me into the upcoming events of the weekend...


Lyrics

2 comments:

  1. When you're on the plane, just think about all the great time you'll have at the convention! :) I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete