October 17, 2007

over my head...

That's me freshly transformed into a faerie last weekend at Faerie Con! We had a great time! The show was a bit smaller than I thought it would be, but was still overwhelming almost. I am so glad we made the trip. I got to meet the Frouds, ever so briefly, and got them to break in my fan book (more on that later this week). I also talked with many fascinating artists, writers, and craftspeople. A great time was had by all!

I am over my head in paperwork, phone calls, and orders though, now that I have returned, so the post will have to be quick today. Thank you all for commenting on my previous posts while I was away! There is still time to leave a comment on my Scary Movie Moment post...There is a spooky prize that one lucky random winner will get. Post here on Blogger or here on LiveJournal.

Now I leave you with a video set to the Fray's Over my Head, set to scenes from the Dark Crystal, which I will be watching this week as I make beads.

Lyrics

7 comments:

  1. Fabulous costume - you look very fetching (pun intended)! Glad to hear you had a good time. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The costume looks GREAT! :D I still love how easily you transformed your shoes. I hope that catching up goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Melissa! Wow, I learned a new word..."fetch". I had not heard that before. YAY! Newly learned thing of the day!

    AJ, Thanks, yeah it was funny, I sort of started with the feet and worked my way up. I think because if that, I still feel unfinished. I definately needed wings, but also some face painting or sparkles, and a crown or antlers. I will work on those for next time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was so nice to see you and meet your husband and your brother. They both seem really nice! I think your brother will lament the day he met me though. I'm going to start bothering him. I so rarely get to speak Art speak these days and when there's someone who's willing... well, I bother them a lot. Anyway, I was so happy to see a familiar face. It's completely different from the bead shows we all normally do.

    I hope you had fun! We had fun. And even though the show wasn't that big this year, we're hoping for a better turn out next year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Andrew,
    It was great to see you again and for you to meet Chuck and Jeremy. You totally need to bother my brother! It is hard to find people that are fluent in Art Speak!

    I am glad that you guys had fun. I hoe the show gets even better next year...

    ReplyDelete
  6. you....look....

    BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How friggin fun! Whee! I love the strippy socks!

    ReplyDelete