October 29, 2007

Hooray for Peter Pumpkinhead!

Above, my Boo Bottle project, from the October issue of Simply Beads Magazine. It is a fun piece, and a neat idea...decorating the cork from a bottle with beads to make a decorative gift. Great way to recycle too! Making home decor items and gifts is really popular with beads now.

This was the first of 3 non jewelry projects I wrote, and the most successful, I think. But I realized that I am all about jewelry projects, I just don't quite find the same joy in other crafty things. I am glad I tried it, but it's not for me. I am being attentive to this search for joy lately, and making the appropriate edits.

I am still in the thick of things, and am feeling pretty sick still. Hopefully today will be the last of it, and I don't screw anything up too badly. I have important things to do today and not enough energy and attention to tend to them, I fear. Must carry on, though.

Today's song is the "Ballad of Peter Pumpkinhead" by XTC. I adore them so very much. This song is just perfect, and I have always related to the way Andy Partridge talks about religion. We seem to speak the same language.

Lyrics

3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry you are sick! feel better! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this song, too. Hope you feel better soon! It is no fun to be sick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jean! I did my big work for the day...shipping you know what out to you know who! Now I am just going to have another rest day...

    Thanks to you too Katie!

    ReplyDelete