October 31, 2007

Halloween Heads and Headlessness

Oh My! Where did the morning go? I woke up late, at 10 am, when the dog simply insisted I was to sleep no longer, and it was time for me to get up and get her a cookie so she could go back to bed. grrr.

Anyway, I have been up reading my emails and blogs and was really disturbed by a post over on a feminist blog I read called Feministing about a jeweler that I love, Margaux Lange. She works with silver and Barbie doll heads and parts, and it obviously pushes buttons all over the place. I want to write about it but I think I need to gather my thoughts a bit. Maybe tomorrow. Now I am all paranoid that my beads are "dismembered" which is ridiculous to be honest. I know it's different, but still...

So quick post today with a picture of the newest Spookyheads. I am happy with about half of them. I don't like the color on the Tiki, I think it needs to be dark brown wood. So I will do him again. And the red and white skull face has potential, but there is too much going on. I love the 'stache and eyebrows but not with the red. I do like the Luche Libre look of him, but I want to do one that is more intentional and mask like. I don't like the alien, although I like his mouth and nose. Love the others...I am very happy with them. They will be on the website soon.

Have a great Halloween everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Halloween! I think the Day of the Dead skulls came out really well - I like the Luche Libre look to the red guy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Melissa! I like it too, but I want to make it more intentional and mask like. I discovered a fascinating history with the masks, it is interesting!

    ReplyDelete