September 29, 2007

Imagination

A new set of beads I hope to string soon for a magazine submission. Big "emerald" gem, yellow bricks...can you see where I am going with this one?

I am not feeling so well today. I lost some sleep last night with some painful cramps. I am not feeling so bloggy today. The good news is that we are off to see our friends Lauren and George later today. I was going to blog about how I met Lauren, but will have to save that for another time. I know her from the Bead World and we all have many things in common. Chuck and George get along well, so they have stuff to talk about. George also likes to cook, and they make us the most amazing dinners! We need to go out today and walk the Zo for a while, and pick up some beverages to bring. I am looking forward to it, and I hope now that I am awake, I can keep a steady stream of Aleve coursing through my system, so I can remain vertical, and not fall into bed in the fetal position.

I slept ok until about 6 am, when I believe Chuck was coming to bed (dang night owl!) and I woke with severe cramps. I had been dreaming pretty vividly before I awoke though. I was dreaming about making a necklace, and I am going to go right now and play with that idea. How fun to come up with a design solution in a dream. I was also very vividly singing a song by what I think is a pretty rare 80's pop/dance singer, Belouis Some. Ever hear of him? He had a Swatch commercial with and also did Round and Round on the Pretty in Pink soundtrack. That's probably how I learned about him and bought the vinyl. Anyway, the song I was singing was Animal Magic, and I did find a video for that, but I also found this fan video of Imagination. It is all about Severus Snape from Harry Potter, and since my friend Lauren is a HUGE HP fan, I will post this...it's just too perfect!

3 comments:

  1. This otta be GOOD! Can't wait to see where you are goin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well - it's the worst when it keeps you up like that. The yellow brick road is looking mighty stylish! I can't wait to see the finished piece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies. I want the necklace to be pretty loosely based, so you see it as a cool necklace and not just BAM *wizard of oz* hitting you over the head. I hope it turns out that way.

    ReplyDelete