August 30, 2007

The Tile Stripped Bare

stoneware decorative wall tile, 2.5"x5"in size

This is my first test of the new tile style I am hoping to pursue. It is stoneware with an underglaze stain, which is really dark brown black and slightly iron metallic. It is pretty dry and the clay is bare and has a very stony texture and look. The more I look at it, the more it grows on me. I am going to test other colors of stain, but I am trying to remember not to have too many options. Sometimes simple is best.
I would love to hear any comments you may have...

6 comments:

  1. Hi Melanie! I really love the look of this style tile.

    Are you going to do some purples?

    Cool!

    Thanks for letting me know.

    HUGS
    Rach

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to try a purple stain, but I am not sure how it will work. Another test I did though, that I will show tomorrow, has the same look with the addition of some tiny glazed details. For example, the berries are all red. That might work with purple details too.

    Thanks for looking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! I really like the contrast between the bare clay and stained bits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh would I love to bead around one of those. I really like the new style. When you are ready to sell one let me know. I want to buy it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stef,
    Thanks. When you see the stain in real life, it is quite lovely, with much depth. It is metallic, yet still warm. And the clay is toasty. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Blackwell Family!

    You aren't Lisa and Tony are you? If so, hello and hope to see you guys soon!

    If not, it is nice to meet you! Thanks for the compliment! They will be ready to sell soon, but I my have confused you with size. These are decorative wall tiles, this one is 2.5x5 inches in size. Not to say you can't bead around it, but maybe it looks like a bead~

    It reminds me that I need to put something in my pictures for scale, just in case of confusion!

    ReplyDelete